Re: BUGS

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: BUGS
Date: 23 Jan 2001 16:57:26 +0100

>>>>> "Kevin" == Kevin Ryde <address@hidden> writes:

Kevin> Maybe a compromise would be to only ignore when the # is at the
Kevin> start of the line.  I guess it's very difficult to be sure a #
Kevin> in the middle is a comment, what with $# or quoting etc.

The previous problem we had was in a #include line.

I'm really in favor of scanning comments too.  I browsed several
configures, and most macro names in comments where from Autoconf per
se, not from user macros.  My personal opinion is that the advantages
of catching bad problems outweighs the few problems people will meet
the first time they see autoconf warn about macro names in comments.

An additional warning unset by default seems to weak a protection to
me.  It should be the same warning as for configure code.