Re: AC_PROG_CC problems on Windows with MKS Shell

From: Lars J. Aas
Subject: Re: AC_PROG_CC problems on Windows with MKS Shell
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 13:27:14 +0100

On Thu, Jan 18, 2001 at 02:50:41PM +0100, Akim Demaille wrote:
: I changed my mind :)  I now favor this choice, but it has to be
: implemented in M4sh, not Autoconf.  Something like what was done for
: AS_DIRNAME.
:
: AS_TEST_X(FILE) ?  I'd say so.  Lars?

These will of course be part of the "autoshell" API that comes with
Autoconf, and not be just for internal use?  I think I would prefer it
if we used verbose names instead of _X, _E, etc. then.  Maybe also
drop "TEST" and mark the macro name as a predicate in some other way.
I'd also consider including FILE / DIR in the macro name...

  Lars J
--
Innovation is one percent inspiration and ninetynine percent perspiration,
and in my case; twice that...  -- Norville Barnes, `The Hudsucker Proxy'