Re: [OT] waitpid()

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: [OT] waitpid()
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 10:54:40 -0800 (PST)

> From: Lars Hecking <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 11:06:40 +0000
>
>  I need to implement a configure check for waitpid(). While this by
>  itself is trivial, are there any known abnormalities/non-POSIXisms
>  I need to consider?

Not as far as I know, if you confine yourself to the POSIX mainstream
for any systems that have shipped in the last five years.  If you go
back ten years you might run into compatibility problems.

However, if you venture into non-POSIX platforms, you might have
problems.  E.g. the Perl 5.5 source says that OS/2 waitpid does not
support negative arguments, and I assume that the various Windows
emulations all have their own quirks (which I don't particularly want
to know about :-).