Re: AC_PROG_CC problems on Windows with MKS Shell

From: Lars J. Aas
Subject: Re: AC_PROG_CC problems on Windows with MKS Shell
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 18:56:07 +0100

On Fri, Jan 12, 2001 at 03:25:50PM -0800, Wan-Teh Chang wrote:
: "Lars J. Aas" wrote:
: >
: > On Thu, Jan 11, 2001 at 10:37:01AM -0800, Wan-Teh Chang wrote:
: > : I am trying to use autoconf on Windows with the
: > : MKS Toolkit, which consists of a Korn shell and
: > : the usual Unix utilities.
: >
: > Woopie doo, yet another Windows environment :)
:
: Well, isn't this exactly what autoconf is for? :)

It will depend on how "broken" MKS is, and it will depend on
MKS users submitting patches for Autoconf.

: > A better fix would be to have AC_PATH_PROG (or whichever macro it
: > is that searches for the compiler) to also consider implied exe-
: > extensions on systems that use them, and add the extension to the
: > returned program name.
:
: Agreed.  How do I submit this feature request?

Submitting a request usually don't help much - patches is usually the
best way to go :)

  Lars J
--
Innovation is one percent inspiration and ninetynine percent perspiration,
and in my case; twice that...  -- Norville Barnes, `The Hudsucker Proxy'