Re: AC_OBJEXT revisited

From: Lars J. Aas
Subject: Re: AC_OBJEXT revisited
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 15:48:09 +0100

On Tue, Dec 19, 2000 at 06:44:37AM -0800, Earnie Boyd wrote:
: --- "Lars J. Aas" <address@hidden> wrote:
: >
: > BTW, in the EXEEXT test, you need to separate the ls into three ls-commands,
: > because
: > `ls conftest.exe conftest' will swap the results as you saw from Ralf's
: > example.
: >
:
: How portable is `ls -U conftest.exe conftest'?

       -U     do not sort; list entries in directory order

"directory order" isn't what we're after - it's command line argument order.

  Lars J
--
Innovation is one percent inspiration and ninetynine percent perspiration,
and in my case; twice that...  -- Norville Barnes, `The Hudsucker Proxy'