Re: Call for testing CVS Autoconf

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: Call for testing CVS Autoconf
Date: 30 Nov 2000 15:21:44 +0100

Alexandre> On Nov 30, 2000, Akim Demaille <address@hidden> wrote:
>> | +./configure: 24794 Alarm call

>> This is why it failed: the shell complains of the signal it
>> received.  I don't know how to address this issue.

Alexandre> `grep -v "Alarm call"' before comparing the output?

Well, why not.  It's going to be a bit messy since it's stderr we have
to grep, but doable.

Still, I think it'd be better to fix Autoconf itself.  Do we consider
normal that users see this message when they run ./configure?  I don't
think so.

Jim, Paul, you two guys certainly know very well the mktime test.  How
would you fix it?  How come the alarm was still set?  And why is it
the shell that received it (Ahem, my Unix knowledge is not too good...).