Re: AC_EGREP_CPP and ansi C

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: AC_EGREP_CPP and ansi C
Date: 30 Nov 2000 14:32:45 +0100

>>>>> "Harlan" == Harlan Stenn <address@hidden> writes:

Harlan> I suspect that AC_EGREP_CPP is using K&R mode instead of ANSI
Harlan> mode under HP-UX.

Harlan> I have a test that attempts to determine how the C compiler
Harlan> will catify tokens and it's botching with CC=cc under HP-UX.

Harlan> I can't easily test this now to be sure.  I'll see if I can
Harlan> find a way to dig into this a bit.

Hi Harlan,

Well, I don't know what to do with your report :)  I'd suggest that
you cd tests, ./testsuite --help, and grep for the tests that are
related to AC_EGREP_CPP.  I'd say AC_HEADERS_STDC is a good candidate.