Re: bug in AC_COMPUTE_INT

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: bug in AC_COMPUTE_INT
Date: 16 Nov 2000 15:04:25 +0100

>>>>> "Lars" == Lars J Aas <address@hidden> writes:

Lars> Sorry about that - autoconf.m4f was missing, but warnings were
Lars> supressed in the testsuite...  The testsuite seems to be running
Lars> ok now that that is taken care of (got some failures in
Lars> semantics).

Thanks for the logs!  It appears that most of them is due to the fact
that we incorrectly guess $ac_objext, hence the tmp files are not
removed, hence the test suite is not happy.  So it's not really
grave^H^H^H^H^Hserious bugs.  Indeed amongst the hot stuff that
remains to be addressed is the recurring problem of AC_EXEEXT and
AC_OBJEXT.

There are also errors I don't understand at all, and I'm very
interested in them!  For instance:

./debug-25.sh: Testing AC_CHECK_HEADERS
./semantics.at:84: autoconf --autoconf-dir .. -l $at_srcdir
./semantics.at:84: autoheader --autoconf-dir .. -l $at_srcdir
./semantics.at:84: top_srcdir=$top_srcdir ./configure

It is really bad: the test seems to have failed in the testsuite run,
but succeeded in debug-25.sh :(