Re: Forbidden strings

From: Lars J. Aas
Subject: Re: Forbidden strings
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2000 14:11:56 +0100

On Wed, Nov 08, 2000 at 11:18:04AM +0100, Akim Demaille wrote:
: Pavel> Just take my advice. At least once a month take a random big
: Pavel> package by search on www.freshmeat.net (Lesstif, openssh,
: Pavel> gnome-libs, whatever) and try to run Autoconf. And then put
: Pavel> yourself in the position of a guy who knows nothing about our
: Pavel> changes and wants to upgrade Autoconf.
:
: I do that Pavel.  I do keep track of how Autoconf behaves with other
: packages.  And my hot tasks when 2.49b or 2.49c is to fetch big
: packages, and check that it behaves properly.

Please check out Guile from CVS - I tried using CVS Autoconf and Automake
with their bootstrap a while back (not too long), and failed miserably...

  :pserver:address@hidden:/cvs co guile-core

  Lars J