Re: Success (mostly) with the testsuite

From: Pavel Roskin
Subject: Re: Success (mostly) with the testsuite
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 10:15:16 -0400 (EDT)

Hello, David!

> What would you like done on what version of Autoconf and what version of
> Solaris
> and do you want the native compiler tested or will GCC be ok?
>
> Let me know and I'll see what can be done.

Well, I just realized that even

make SHELL=/bin/ksh CONFIG_SHELL=/bin/ksh check

won't prevent "configure" from being run by /bin/sh. Only config.status
would be run by /bin/ksh. Time to retest everything :-(

So, for now please run the following:

make check
CC=cc make check

Ignore 4 errors in update.m4

I'm sure that the testsuite will be in a better shape very soon, but it's
very important to catch real errors on really used systems (i.e. with your
shell and your compiler) as soon as possible.

Regards,
Pavel Roskin