bug report

From: Emmanuel Beffara
Subject: bug report
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2000 19:22:34 +0200

Hello.

This is a report for a bug I confess I don't understand well...

The bug started when I added an `acinclude.m4' to my configuration
script. In fact it comes from a mistake: I wrote "AC_DEFINE" instead
of "AC_DEFUN" in the auxiliary macro file. Here is a minimized version
of the bug:

configure.in:

        AC_INIT(src/toto.c)
        AC_CHECK_TOTO
        AC_OUTPUT(Makefile)

acinclude.m4:

        AC_DEFINE(AC_CHECK_TOTO,
          AC_TRY_COMPILE([#include <toto.h>], [toto()],
            TOTO=true, TOTO=false))

aclocal doesn't complain, but autoconf outputs:

        autoconf: Undefined macros:
        ***BUG in Autoconf--please report*** AC_FD_CC
        ***BUG in Autoconf--please report*** AC_FD_CC
        ***BUG in Autoconf--please report*** AC_FD_CC
        configure.in:2:AC_CHECK_TOTO

For information, I am using Autoconf version 2.13 (on a Debian Linux
system).

--
  //V\\      Emmanuel Beffara
 /// \\\   École Normale Supérieure de Lyon