audiodo-develop

[Audiodo-develop] chauvinist officer

From: Stephana Hull
Subject: [Audiodo-develop] chauvinist officer
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 14:14:36 +0530

The Reverend McMillans lips weretightly and sadly compressed.
So this was the end of all that wonderful dream!
It was a lie that he had experienced a change of heart.
He looked directly at McMillan, who, pale and dumb, now gazed athim in return.
Oh, yes, I will, if youwill only spare me. But such a confession once made, would it notsurely and truly lead to his conviction? That mission life that to his mother was so wonderful, yet, to him,so dreary! Ask of God on your knees His forgiveness and Hewill hear you. And in the faceof all his tenderness and mercy? Let the wickedness of my heart pass andremember it not.
And yet finally adding: But you did rise to saveher. Oh, yes, I will, if youwill only spare me. I suppose some one ought to telegraph her.
And unquestionably,as Mason had so shrewdly pointed out at the trial, he might havesaved her. Hereby know we that we dwell in Him, and Hein us, because He hath given us of His spirit. Oh, yes, I will, if youwill only spare me.
And so, finally finding courage to say to Mrs. He had longed for so much there in Kansas City and hehad had so little. I have confessed everything to God and to Mr. Oh, these evasive and tangled and torturesome thoughts!
Let the wickedness of my heart pass andremember it not. In fact even now tohimself there was much that was evasive and even insoluble aboutit.
Did he really and truly deserve to die for this? Cannot you as their representativeexercise the mercy that they may feel? As you must know this is alegal proceeding.
Was that what the Reverend McMillan would decide?