Re: AUCTex in WSL cannot find TeX Live in Win

From: petepetite75
Subject: Re: AUCTex in WSL cannot find TeX Live in Win
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2022 15:14:01 +0200

> That shouldn't be empty. According to the doc[1], it should list Linux
> distributions and their root file systems as the image shown there.

Right! Referring to the wsl-doc which first seemed confusing, I was able to identify one major culprit: myself.
Wsl, of course, has to be running in the background for "\\wsl$" to show the desired result. (I could have realized myself, as when clicking on the popped-up "network" folder windows complains there is no active network)

So when asked correctly, the folder Debian (shown in Explorer as Netzwerk > wsl$ > Debian) pops up correctly, too.
That was mistake No.1

> 2. What happens when you issue
> explorer.exe .
> in wsl bash console?

> (a) Does that display the linux files in the directory where you issued
> the command? Or is that empty?
> (b) What is shown in the address bar of that explorer?

> (Make sure to include the period "." at the last of the command; i.e.,
> not
> explorer.exe
> but
> explorer.exe .

Mistake No.2: I indeed forgot not include the period. When I do, folder citizen13 does pop up in windows.
Full path displayed in explorer:
Netzwerk > wsl$ > Debian > home > citizen13

> Anyway, it's certain that your wsl isn't working as expected according
> to the result of 1.

Certainly, you were bound to come that conclusion, because in spite of giving such precise instructions that even beginners should be able to follow, the problem was sitting in front of my machine. Sorry for the confusion!

One intuition (though it is mainly just that)  I may be not wrong about, remains: Wsl is quite alright, but there is something that emacs/ aucteX, vulgo, don't get.

Back to square 1, I guess...

Kind regards and Thank you very much,
Pete

FreeMail powered by mail.de - mehr Sicherheit, Seriosität und Komfort