Re: Manually enable package completion

From: Arash Esbati
Subject: Re: Manually enable package completion
Date: Tue, 24 May 2022 12:43:04 +0200

Hi Denis,

Denis Bitouzé <denis.bitouze@univ-littoral.fr> writes:

> Le 13/05/22 à 14h29, Arash Esbati a écrit :
>
> really sorry for the delay!

No worries :)

>> There is also a command `TeX-auto-generate'[1] which does the same
>> thing
>
> Good to know!
>
>> and is probably more convenient.
>
> Than what? And why?

Than the suggestion by Mandar who said:

  My understanding is that if you have TeX-auto-save and TeX-parse-self
  both set to t, and have opened YourCustomClass.cls in AUCTeX, a
  YourCustomClass.el (corresponding to YourCustomClass.cls) should be
  "auto-generated".

You don't have to fiddle with `TeX-auto-save' and just run
`TeX-auto-generate'.

>> Do you want to take this from there and make it feature-complete?
>
> Well, of course... except I don't know what I should do in order to make
> it feature-complete (except add the recent, yet unpublished, changes).

I was thinking about the missing definition for environments like
ltx-code and such.  Also other macros like \package, \software, \file,
\letgutacro etc.

> OK, it works now, at least for commands (and even very nicely for
> \letgutsetup for which all the options are recognized!): many thanks!
>
> But, I couldn't benefit from any completion:
>
> - for the environments, e.g. `ltx-code`, even in the master document,

See above.

> - from (\input-ed) subfiles, even if TeX-master is properly (running
>   from the subfile, runs the TeX-master files, as expected).

This is a new issue, right?

Best, Arash