Re: LaTeX doesn't find the source file

From: Ikumi Keita
Subject: Re: LaTeX doesn't find the source file
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2022 16:57:18 +0900

> 2. What is the value of `process-environment' in the document buffer?
>> The result can be quite long and may contain sensitive information.
>> Mask the portion which shouldn't be disclosed with "*".

> No need to mask any information. Here is the output

> ************
> process-environment is a variable defined in ‘C source code’.
> Its value is
> ("TERM=dumb"
> "TEXINPUTS=.:c:/Users/bruno/AppData/Roaming/.emacs.d/elpa/auctex-13.1.1/latex:"

Thanks a lot, now I see what's wrong. On windows, the delimiter for
paths in TEXINPUTS must be ";", not ":". And I think I understand the
reason of wrong value. You have C:\cygwin\bin before
C:\texlive\2020\bin\win32 in your path. Thus AUCTeX calls kpsewhich in
cygwin, not in w32 TeX Live, when it tries to guess the delimiter.

Try one of the following and restart emacs:
1. Customize `TeX-kpathsea-path-delimiter' to ";".
2. Arrange PATH environment variable so that
   C:\texlive\2020\bin\win32 comes before C:\cygwin\bin .
3. Deinstall TeX Live from your cygwin. (Or deinstall cygwin itself.)

If none of them works for you, continue examinig diagnoses with the
following questions:

1. What does the following command returns in the document buffer?
ESC : (preview-TeX-style-cooked) RET
   You can copy the returned value from "*Messages*" buffer.
2. What's the value of the following variables in the document buffer?
   preview-TeX-style-dir
   TeX-kpathsea-path-delimiter

> Auctex did run successfully on this computer in the past.

Maybe you started using cygwin recently and AUCTeX begans to fail after
that? Then I can what went on.

Regards,
Ikumi Keita