Re: Inserting comments

From: Ikumi Keita
Subject: Re: Inserting comments
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2021 15:50:48 +0900

Hi Arash,

> many thanks for fixing this issue.  One question: Would it make sense to
> introduce a new buffer-local variable here and let AUCTeX styles add
> environments to it instead of hard-coding `LaTeX-comment-env-list' into
> `LaTeX-verbatim-regexp'?

Do you mean adding something like `LaTeX-comment-env-list-local'?  Yes,
it would make sense though I vaguely thought that AUCTeX styles could
add their own entries into `LaTeX-comment-env-list' itself.

> The proposed solution fails if a user defines a comment environment
> without using the comment package.

Is there a simple way to define a comment environment without using the
comment package? (I'm not really opposed to your idea, just out of
curiosity)

Regards,
Ikumi Keita