Re: \frametitle macro is not automatically indented in frame environment

From: Kourosh Kalayeh
Subject: Re: \frametitle macro is not automatically indented in frame environment in beamer
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2021 08:22:22 -0400

On 26 Aug 2021, at 7:51, Arash Esbati wrote:

Thibaut Verron <thibaut.verron@gmail.com> writes:

On 25/08/2021 16:52, Arash Esbati wrote:

Hence, you have to turn that mode on in order to get the old
behaviour with something like this in your init file:

(add-hook 'LaTeX-mode-hook #'turn-on-auto-fill)

With the side effect of enabling auto-fill.

True.

I added (add-hook 'LaTeX-mode-hook #'turn-on-auto-fill) in my init file, and as suggested it does the automatic indenting but it messes up my formatting which might be fine, I am giving it a shot. Thanks.

If you don't want auto-fill, a less intrusive but somewhat more
hazardous alternative could be:

(add-hook 'LaTeX-mode-hook (lambda () (setq auto-fill-function 'indent-according-to-mode)))

I agree, this option is ``somewhat more hazardous''. I think I've fixed
this issue by adding (indent-according-to-mode) before inserting
\frametitle in beamer.el[1].

Awesome, will it be in the next version?

Thanks,
Kourosh