Re: Select and insert multiple bibliography entries into one \cite comma

From: Vladimir Lomov
Subject: Re: Select and insert multiple bibliography entries into one \cite command with regexp search.
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2021 08:16:58 +0800

Hello,
** Arash Esbati <arash@gnu.org> [2021-08-12 21:45:21 +0200]:

> Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.zhao@gmail.com> writes:

>> On Thu, Aug 12, 2021 at 8:41 PM Vladimir Lomov <lomov.vl@yandex.ru> wrote:
>> [...]
>>> The advice is simple: don't use full path, try to put your bibtex files into
>>> $HOME/texmf/bibtex/bib/hongyi/
>>
>> This will work by just using the bibliography file name, but it still
>> can't let the `C-c [' find the bib file:
>>
>> werner@X10DAi:~$ ls $HOME/texmf/bibtex/bib/hongyi/
>> sample.bib

> Which brings us back to[1]:

>     (setq reftex-bibpath-environment-variables
>           '("/home/werner/texmf/bibtex/bib/hongyi//"))

I would suggest a bit different approach, if we go the
'$HOME/texmf/bibtex/bib/hongyi' way:

  (setq reftex-use-external-file-finders t)
  (setq reftex-external-file-finders
    '(("bib" . "kpsewhich -format=.bib %f")))

It is described on the same "page" as 'reftex-bibpath-environment-variables'.

> Best, Arash (who didn't test his advice)

> Footnotes:
> [1]  https://www.gnu.org/software/auctex/manual/reftex.html#SEC48

P.S. We didn't even suggest to use symlink!

---
WBR, Vladimir Lomov

--
Real computer scientists don't comment their code.  The identifiers are
so long they can't afford the disk space.