Re: Select and insert multiple bibliography entries into one \cite comma

From: Vladimir Lomov
Subject: Re: Select and insert multiple bibliography entries into one \cite command with regexp search.
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2021 11:48:03 +0800

Hello,
** Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.zhao@gmail.com> [2021-08-12 11:07:00 +0800]:

>> Do this in the buffer with open document.

> Running "C-x C-e" on the line from within the opened document still
> give me the following result:

>  (insert "\n"
>       (format "%S" (symbol-value reftex-docstruct-symbol)))
> nil

I think it is expectable. As I wrote earlier I had the same result at first
time so I forced RefTeX to parse buffer (either through menu or appending
'C-u' to a keybind). I removed 'reftex-save-parse-info' and have only

  (reftex-enable-partial-scans t)
  (reftex-plug-into-AUCTeX     t)
  (reftex-use-multiple-selection-buffers t)

in 'init' file but still one of example (second) gives me 'nil' at first time
while in the first document I get "big" output. Funny but third example gave
'nil' at first but on next run shown big output. I suspect it depends whether
RefTeX parsed buffer or not. I think it might be related to
'reftex-enable-partial-scans' setting. I'll turn these two options off and see
if it change a thing (my everyday workflow I mean).

> Best, Hongyi

---
WBR, Vladimir Lomov

--
To downgrade the human mind is bad theology.
                -- C. K. Chesterton