Re: LaTeX-math-list: Binding on key sequences?

From: Ikumi Keita
Subject: Re: LaTeX-math-list: Binding on key sequences?
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2021 22:37:34 +0900

>> I guess something in your "~/.emacs.d/macros/mymacros" causes problem.
>
> YES, YOU'RE RIGHT AS WELL!!

Glad to hear that.

> Although I wonder, why it should, because it is really, what it says:
> Keyboard macros, e.g. the most ''primitive'' way to enhance Emacs.

> But I will find out.

Hmm, maybe the usage of `read-kbd-macro' in `LaTeX-math-initialize'
conflicts with your settings and should be fixed.

> Now my desired feature functions!  Hoooorayy!

Congratulation!

> Since this little problem boosts the productivity of AUCTeX a lot, I
> wonder why this solution is rather difficult to find compared to Vim.

As you pointed out, I feel that documentation of `LaTeX-math-list' is
somewhat obscure in cases like this. I'll try to improve it on some
later day.

> I'm now very curious, which macro causes problems.  I will find out,
> and if it should be of general interest (but I do not expect that),
> I will report it.

Please do so. If proper keyboard macro definitions conflict with AUCTeX,
AUCTeX should be modified to coexist with them.

Regards,
Ikumi Keita