add-to-list on lexical vars (Re: Error on loading polyglossia.el)

From: Ikumi Keita
Subject: add-to-list on lexical vars (Re: Error on loading polyglossia.el)
Date: Sat, 09 Jan 2021 17:47:09 +0900

Hi Tassilo and all,

>> I did notice, BTW, that this function uses `add-to-list`, the doc
>> string of which warns against using it in Lisp code.

> Yes, you should definitely not use it on lexical local variables.  With
> AUCTeX 13, we switched to lexical-binding, and now that doesn't work
> anymore.

According to the output of "git grep add-to-list", there are still some
usage of `add-to-list' on lexical scope variables, and I made the
attached patch. Does this look reasonable?

What is strange to me is that those wrong usages of `add-to-list' don't
cause error in a way the former polyglossia.el troubled Joost.
Customizing `TeX-view-program-list' and `TeX-view-program-selection' in
custom buffer proceeds smoothly and `TeX-add-to-alist' runs without
error for me, even without the patch.

Regards,
Ikumi Keita