Re: preview-latex & XeLaTeX

From: Ikumi Keita
Subject: Re: preview-latex & XeLaTeX
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2019 17:22:00 +0900

Hi Joost,

> Hi,
> despite several messages I found in the mailing list archives from
> several years ago, I don't seem to be able to get preview-latex
> working with XeLaTeX. I've used preview-latex successfully before, but
> that was a long time ago and I may have been using pdflatex at the
> time (don't remember). I've since switched to using XeLaTeX and for
> reasons I don't remember (either), I stopped using preview-latex.

> But the announcement of the new AUCTeX release made me try it again on
> a LaTeX file I recently finished, which, unfortunately, doesn't
> work. I got rid of the customizations I made just to make sure it
> wasn't some old configuration lying around that's causing the problem,
> but there's still no success.

> This is (part of) the output I get when doing `C-c C-p C-b`:

> Running `Preview-LaTeX' on `HM' with ``xelatex -ini
> -interaction=nonstopmode "&xelatex" prv_HM.ini

Please try without preamble caching.  It is known that xelatex doesn't
play nice with preamble caching in preview-latex.

The following document works with preview-latex for me if I don't use
preamble caching (i.e., C-c C-p C-d gives me math image in emacs
buffer), while it fails when preable cache is enabled.

Regards,
Ikumi Keita

\documentclass{article}
\begin{document}