Re: AUCTeX 12.2 released

From: Sivaram Neelakantan
Subject: Re: AUCTeX 12.2 released
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2019 19:05:36 +0530

On Wed, Oct 30 2019,address@hidden nil wrote:

[snipped 32 lines]

> A new method is implemented in preview-latex to adjust the
> foreground colors of generated images to those of Emacs, when the
> LaTeX command produces PDF.  The traditional method became invalid
> because of the change introduced in Ghostscript 9.27.
> Unfortunately, the new method doesn't work due to a bug in
> Ghostscript 9.27 and is valid only for Ghostscript > 9.27.  There
> is also a fallback method for gs 9.27 users which displays plain
> "black on white" images.  For successful function of preview-latex,
> the users are encouraged to set up the new user option
> 'preview-pdf-color-adjust-method' to choose appropriate option
> among the three: new, traditional and fallback method.

I have a black background and the default
preview-pdf-color-adjust-method as t made it practically
unreadable/unviewable.  Setting it to nil gave the usual default black
on white that I was used to, which is perfectly fine. "compatible"
also gave black on white in whatever colour scheme I tried, so not
sure what exactly I should be looking for.

In sum, default t is completely unreadable in dark background while
the other two options work as before.  This was tested with the
default circ.tex file and sample2e.tex latex file.

Thanks for the fix, I really appreciate that this works OOTB
installing from elpa if all the prerequisite image dependencies are
met. Which, they are if I download the Emacs-dep* version from gnu
site.

[snipped 120 lines]

> Mosè Giordano, on behalf of the AUCTeX team

Thanks again

sivaram
--
p.s I had filed a bug report on preview not working, it can be closed
as fixed.