Re: [AUCTeX] Non-ASCII LaTeX labels (was Re: Headache: filenames with Um

From: jfbu
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Non-ASCII LaTeX labels (was Re: Headache: filenames with Umlaut under Windows, backward search gives error)
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2019 18:29:00 +0200

Le 26/09/2019 à 18:18, jfbu a écrit :

>>> By the way: the label mechanism doesn't accept Umlaute yet. Is there a
>>> variable which I could customize?)
>>
>> I guess you are using RefTeX.  Have you tried the variable
>> `reftex-label-illegal-re'?  It might be good for you to customize it to
>> "[^-a-zA-Z0-9_+=:;,.[:multibyte:]]".
>>
>> (That value may be too loose, however.  I don't know what range of
>> unicode characters are allowed for LaTeX labels.)
>
> Hi Keita
>
> So far, none.

Hmm ... I spoke too fast

\label{ééééà} and \ref

works already as long as I add  \usepackage[T1]{fontenc}

(not even needed to have french as class option and babel package)

Sadly I don't have time now to provided a better answer,
as I must quit my computer now

I never used such exotic label hence was not informed enough
and should not have replied to add noise

Best