Re: [AUCTeX] Set automatically TeX-PDF-from-DVI variable if documentclas

From: Arash Esbati
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Set automatically TeX-PDF-from-DVI variable if documentclass receives option dvipdfmx or dvipdfm
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2018 22:11:29 +0100

Ikumi Keita <address@hidden> writes:

> It isn't a good idea to adhere to `TeX-run-style-hooks' after all
> because it taints `TeX-active-styles'.  I abandoned it and took another
> straightforward approach in the attached patch #1, which is for the
> current git master.

Hi Keita,

using `TeX-update-style-hook' would have been also my suggestion -- I
think it is the straightforward approach.

> Thus I propose another patch #2 to defer running style hooks until the
> package options are actually given.
>
> How do you think about these ideas?

I like this one.  The current implementation bugged me also as I wrote
enumitem.el; one has to hit `C-c C-n' after doing `C-c C-m usepackage
RET name RET' in order to get things right.  And I'm not sure if your
patch break other things.  So +1 from me :)

Thank you for implementing it.

Best, arash