Re: [AUCTeX] Carets and underscores become red occasionally in math mode

From: Arash Esbati
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Carets and underscores become red occasionally in math mode .
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2018 22:13:30 +0200

,----[ C-h f map RET ]
| map is an alias for ‘cl-map’ in ‘cl.el’.
|
| (map TYPE FUNCTION SEQUENCE...)
|
| Map a FUNCTION across one or more SEQUENCEs, returning a sequence.
| TYPE is the sequence type to return.
`----

It should be sufficient to eval (require 'cl), i.e. put this line in
scratch and hit `C-x C-e' after ), before you eval that function.

As an alternative, you can put the cursor at a caret and hit
`C-u C-x =',then look for lines after "There are text properties
here:".

HTH.  Best, Arash