[AUCTeX] No quick access to Release Notes at http://www.gnu.org/software

From: jfbu
Subject: [AUCTeX] No quick access to Release Notes at http://www.gnu.org/software/auctex/ ?
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2018 14:08:35 +0200

Hi,

I wanted to quickly check which version of Emacs is
now required by AUCTeX, as I recalled something
from latest release announcement.

I went to http://www.gnu.org/software/auctex/
and could not find info quickly.

Then I simply checked with Thunderbird the
messages on the newsgroup,

The info I was searching was there for 12.1 release

> AUCTeX now requires GNU Emacs 24 or higher.  Support for XEmacs has
> been dropped.

but I am wondering
for people using the web if I missed something
obvious at http://www.gnu.org/software/auctex/

Sorry for noise if I did miss the obvious,

Best,

Jean-François