Re: [AUCTeX] files with non-ascii characters and LaTeX as in TeXLive 201

From: jfbu
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] files with non-ascii characters and LaTeX as in TeXLive 2018
Date: Wed, 23 May 2018 18:53:59 +0200

Hi again Keita

Le 23/05/2018 à 15:39, Ikumi Keita a écrit :
Hi Jean,
[...]
The literally same commands succeed here as well on xterm.  However,
after modifying seemingly to coordinate the actual preview-latex
commands, the latter fails.

(1) Add prv_primárias.ini argument to creat .fmt file.
etex -ini -interaction=nonstopmode -jobname prv_prim\árias "&pdflatex" prv_primárias.ini
"\nonstopmode\nofiles\PassOptionsToPackage{active,tightpage,auctex}{preview}\AtBeginDocument{\ifx\ifPreview\undefined\RequirePackage[displaymath,floats,graphics,textmath,sections,footnotes]{preview}[2004/11/05]\fi}"
 "\input" "\detokenize{primárias.tex}"
-> No error

Any etex -ini  must be ended by \dump command. It it is in prv_primárias.ini
then what follows will be ignored.

I anticipate the role of the format is to catch up some common preamble,
andthe file primárias.tex should not be used here.

And "\input" "\detokenize{primárias.tex}" should be either

"\expandafter\input" "\detokenize{primárias.tex}"

or

"\input" "{\detokenize{primárias.tex}}"

But this is probably not at all relevant to the format thing.

PS: I am CCing to auctex-dev but it seems my messages get bounced
So this time I tried with replacing the mailing list with the
gmane newsgroup

Best,

Jean-François