[AUCTeX] BibLaTeX bibliography not recognized

From: Thomas Tuegel
Subject: [AUCTeX] BibLaTeX bibliography not recognized
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2018 09:55:45 -0600

Hi,

I am using AUCTeX 12.1.0 in Emacs 25.3.1 and trying to compile a simple
LaTeX document using BibLaTeX 3.7 and Biber 2.7. The document and
bibliography file follow the body of my message.

AUCTeX does not recognize that this document has a bibliography. The
bibliography is not produced when I run `TeX-command-run-all', and LaTeX
complains about missing references. If I run Biber from the
`TeX-command-master' menu, then the bibliography is produced the next
time I run LaTeX. `LaTeX-bibliography-list' returns `nil', which seems
to confirm that AUCTeX is unaware of the bibliography. Yet,
`TeX-style-hook-list' confirms that the style hook for BibLaTeX is
loaded.

What else should I do so that Biber will be run automatically?

Thanks,
Thomas

test-biblatex.tex:
~~~~~
\documentclass[12pt]{article}

\usepackage[english]{babel}
\usepackage{biblatex}

\addbibresource{test-biblatex.bib}

\begin{document}

\textcite{tuegel17_hall_viscosity_acoustic_faraday}.

\printbibliography

\end{document}

%%% Local Variables:
%%% mode: latex
%%% TeX-master: t
%%% End:
~~~~~

test-biblatex.bib:
~~~~~
@article{tuegel17_hall_viscosity_acoustic_faraday,
  title = {Hall viscosity and the acoustic Faraday effect},
  author = {Tuegel, Thomas I. and Hughes, Taylor L.},
  journal = {Phys. Rev. B},
  volume = {96},
  issue = {17},
  pages = {174524},
  numpages = {6},
  year = {2017},
  month = {11},
  publisher = {American Physical Society},
  doi = {10.1103/PhysRevB.96.174524},
  url = {https://link.aps.org/doi/10.1103/PhysRevB.96.174524}
}
~~~~~