[AUCTeX] Adjusting settings for inline previews

From: Jason Alexander
Subject: [AUCTeX] Adjusting settings for inline previews
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2017 12:59:02 +0100

Hello,

I’m using AUCTeX 11.90.2 on a retina display Mac running Sierra.  I’d like to
adjust the settings for the inline previews so that (a) the background colour
of the preview exactly matches that of the window, and (b) to increase the
resolution of the previews so that they don’t appear washed-out and pixelated
with respect to the rest of the text.

A small screenshot of some text with a preview can be found here:

        https://www.dropbox.com/s/6boeo4bkiovxbmv/preview-screenshot.png?dl=0

Under close inspection, you can see that the background colour doesn’t quite
match that of the window.  And although it looks like the colour of the text
matches, more-or-less, the emacs text, the course pixellation with
anti-aliasing makes the math equation look washed out and a bit hard to see.

I had a look at the various options for preview, but I’m at a loss what options
to change to bring out the kind of effect I’m looking for.

Best wishes,

Jason