Re: [AUCTeX] How to configure TeX special characters?

From: Mosè Giordano
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] How to configure TeX special characters?
Date: Sat, 6 May 2017 19:30:06 +0200

Hi Marcin,

I tend to agree with David, fontification in AUCTeX is known to fail
at some point when too many catcodes are changed.  Sophisticated LaTeX
style files are not so nicely displayed by AUCTeX.  It would be
awesome to make this more configurable, the problem is that this is *a
lot* of work.  In AUCTeX, the character to start macros should be
always indicated with `TeX-esc' (also because TeXinfo uses a different
character), but I'm pretty sure there are many places where a
hard-coded backslash is used.  Or, the start of comment should be
indicated with `TeX-comment-start-regexp', but this is never used in
"font-latex.el".

Bye,
Mosè