[AUCTeX] A problem with \parencite and fill-paragraph

From: aufc
Subject: [AUCTeX] A problem with \parencite and fill-paragraph
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2017 14:19:36 +0200

Hello everybody,

In auctex-mode, given

asdf asdf asdf asdf asdf asdf asdf asdf asdf asdf asdf asdf xxxx
\parencite{asdf}

after calling `fill-paragraph` I get the following

asdf asdf asdf asdf asdf asdf asdf asdf asdf asdf asdf asdf
xxxx \parencite{asdf}

(note that xxxx gets wrapped to the new line even though it should stay
in the same line)

Here's the result when I use \cite instead of \parencite:

asdf asdf asdf asdf asdf asdf asdf asdf asdf asdf asdf asdf xxxx
\cite{asdf}

I guess it has something to do with the initial letters of \parencite
which are the same as \par and \par is treated in a special way by
fill-paragraph.

Is there any solution (or workaround) to this problem?

Thanks for help in advance!

Cheers,
Adam

PS I'm using Emacs version 25.1.1 and AucTeX version 11.90.0 from elpa.