Re: [AUCTeX] babel and ngerman with AUCTeX 11.90

From: Arash Esbati
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] babel and ngerman with AUCTeX 11.90
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2017 20:46:43 +0100

Hi Alexander,

AW <address@hidden> writes:

> I upgraded on a Windows PC to AUCTeX 11.90 using (M)Elpa.
>
> If I have »ngerman« in the list of global options of a *.tex file and load
> the
> just are -- .

Besides comments from Uwe and Mosè, I can produce this by having this in
my .emacs:

    (setq TeX-parse-self nil)

and a .tex file like this:

    \documentclass[ngerman]{article}

    \usepackage{babel}

    \begin{document}
    -- is --
    \end{document}

But that's the expected result.  I suggest you set TeX-parse-self to t
(and I think this should be default in AUCTeX), restart Emacs and open
your test file or hit `C-c C-n' in your test file.  I suspect your other
file(s) had parsed information saved on your disc.

Best, Arash