Re: [AUCTeX] Japanese LaTeX classes not recognized

From: jfbu
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Japanese LaTeX classes not recognized
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2017 11:01:34 +0100

Le 25/01/2017 à 10:08, Mosè Giordano a écrit :
Hi Jean-François,

To be honest, changing the value of that variable with customize is a
bit tricky, because you will miss future changes or new entries made
to the default value of that variable (and this was probably the
source of your problem).  The best way would be to only *add* custom
entries (for example with `add-to-list').

I am aware of that. But I am uneasy with having my most used
entries relegated to the bottom of the list, where in fact they
don't even show on my 11" screen and I need to move the mouse
down.

Ever considered using a completion package like helm?

I am aware that on C-cC-c auto-completion already works,
but I took the habit to use that only on the "official" Entries,
not my own additions ...

In addition, are you aware of the fact that C-c C-a automatically runs
the TeX compiler, makeindex and the bibliography engine (bibtex/biber)
as appropriate until the document is ready and if compilation succeeds
automatically opens the viewer?

Yes, I noticed appearance of C-cC-a functionality. Just allow for a
few more years so that I can teach my fingers out of C-cC-c ;-)

And in fact as already hinted above, I am (certainly a minority) of
the kind who manages bibliography entries myself manually and I never
compile any Index, because I do not write books in LaTeX but papers.

And regarding documentation of LaTeX packages, indices are mostly
useless when you have the search function of the pdf viewer, except
on rare occasion with very big documents like the LaTeX source code
where you are looking for things like "in@" perhaps.

Things is different of course for print-outs.

Was "Biber" not required ? well I will check out by myself.

No, tex-jp.el doesn't change the entry for biber (maybe because biber
is already utf-8-friendly and doesn't need special treatment).

Indeed, as you said initially only "BibTeX" and "Index".

Off-topic:

1) Thunderbird tells me you sent the message also to my address
but somehow I do not see it arriving in my mailbox (I got the one
from Joost), and I also never got your initial answer, I only
saw it on the newsgroup.

2) why the two entries

 ("File" "%(o?)dvips %d -o %f " TeX-run-dvips t t :help "Generate PostScript
file")
 ("Dvips" "%(o?)dvips %d -o %f " TeX-run-dvips nil t :help "Convert DVI file to
PostScript")

I see "File" gives user a chance to modify it, but why would dvips
have such a variant but not other types of commands ?

3) just for the curious among the things I needed to add to the
TeX-command-list are entries to open in view-mode the log, aux, and
toc files, and to deactivate Flyspell there. (don't recall why)

I also needed entries for dvipng's, and for various other things

I don't need any of ChkTeX or whatever which implements this
normalization spirit of LaTeX I dislike a lot.

etc...

Best,
Jean-François