Re: [AUCTeX] ConTeXt MkIV Support

From: Tobias Berndt
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] ConTeXt MkIV Support
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2016 11:05:47 +0000

... this snippet thing works fine :)

There is no dependable and/or accurate user documentation (either free or for
sale),
=> True. But---with some patience---you'll find all relevant stuff at
contextgarde.net (and don't forget: ConTeXt is a system Hans programmed for
PRAGMA uses only, at first. He was nice enough and made it public; not in mind
to do a lot of effort to promote his system)

 it changes on the fly (and it's monolithic without much of a separation
between core and modules),
 => ...? and, can't see the disadvantages?

 there is no document stability.
=> simply not true (Hans could close PRAGMA if it would true)

You cannot sensibly use it without being a member of the Context mailing list.
=> Not true (I am not a member and use it even for my work)

  If you want to do serious work with it, you better have Hans on short-dial
(or better, he'll have you on short-dial).
=> global truth: it is probably always better to have a connection to such
persons

I can use LaTeX packages written 20 years ago, and documents from that time
compile.  That's why talking about centuries makes more sense with LaTeX than
with Context.
=> you could also use a horse-drawn carriage for being mobile without any
problems, well documented in old books ... but for 21. century transportation
purposes you would an undocumented automobile surly give a try ;)

The Context universe is Hans-centric to a degree that the TeX universe never
was around Don or the LaTeX universe around Leslie.
=> there are others also very active: Wolfgang, Taco &c.

Don and Leslie have moved on.  What would happen to Context if Hans did the
same?
=> Nevertheless a good question.

ALOHA, tobber

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Tobias Berndt
Technischer Redakteur

baramundi software AG
Beim Glaspalast 1
86153 Augsburg

address@hidden
www.baramundi.de

Fon: +49 (821) 5 67 08 -  577
Fax: +49 (821) 5 67 08 - 19

Vorstand: Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Uwe Beikirch | Dipl.-Kfm. Karl Scheid
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Dipl.-Ing. Univ. (TUM) Norbert Klump
Sitz und Registergericht: Augsburg, HRB-Nr. 2064 | USt-IdNr. DE 210294111