Re: [AUCTeX] Single quotes not highlighted?

From: Mosè Giordano
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Single quotes not highlighted?
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2016 15:41:20 +0100

Hi Hong,

> Hi all,
>
> When there are single quotes in the text, such as
>
> Blah Blah `single quotes', halb halb ``double quotes''
>
> The texts in the single quotes do not follow the style of double quoted
> texts. Is there any customization I should do? Or maybe this is a bug in
> AucTeX?

To be honest, I don't know why single quotes aren't treated in the
same fashion as double quotes.  To accomplish what you asked, you have
to change `font-latex-quotes-list':

(eval-after-load "font-latex"
  '(setq font-latex-quote-list
         font-latex-quote-list)))

I guess you're the same person who asked this question about auto
insertion of single quotes: http://emacs.stackexchange.com/q/19575/620
 We can think about including this feature in AUCTeX, we could expand
`TeX-input-quotes' to cater for both single and double quotes,
depending on the value of `last-input-event'.

Bye,
Mosè