Re: [AUCTeX] zathura forward search

From: Mandar Mitra
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] zathura forward search
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2015 20:10:18 +0530

Mosè Giordano wrote (Fri, Nov 06, 2015 at 12:19:02PM +0100):
> In order to include that code we would need copyright assignment from
> its author.  I find that was a nice solution but a bit too hackish,

You mean the business of keeping an alist of (pdfname, zathura process ids)
pairs, starting zathura if it is not already running for the current pdf file,
etc.?

> regarding its inclusion in AUCTeX I don't really like it relies on
> external tools.

wmctrl? It didn't work too well for me either. I'm using an fvwm-specific
workaround that will not work for everyone.

Ok, until zathura improves on these fronts then..