Re: [AUCTeX] zathura forward search

From: Mosè Giordano
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] zathura forward search
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2015 12:19:02 +0100

Hi Mandar,

> I'm trying out zathura as a light-weight and more customisable alternative to
> evince. I quite like it (but hyperlink handling isn't great). I found
> zathura-forward-search here, and it works well.
>
> http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/207889/how-to-set-up-forward-inverse-searches-with-auctex-and-zathura/222099
>
> Mose is one of the contributors to the discussion, so he already knows about
> this function. I'm wondering if it might be worth adding to auctex.

In order to include that code we would need copyright assignment from
its author.  I find that was a nice solution but a bit too hackish,
regarding its inclusion in AUCTeX I don't really like it relies on
external tools.

I didn't tried again Zathura lately, I don't know if its interface
with other programs has been improved.

Bye,
Mosè