[AUCTeX] 11.88.9 and fill-paragraph oddness

From: George McNinch
Subject: [AUCTeX] 11.88.9 and fill-paragraph oddness
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2015 08:25:22 -0400

Hi,

So via ELPA my auctex was recently updated from 11.88.8 to 11.88.9. Now
I experience odd behavior with fill-paragraph and text surrounded by $'s
(i.e. "TeX math mode") which I can (re)produce as follows:

* visit buffer "foo.tex" with (something like) the following contents:

\documentclass{article}

\begin{document}

Foo bar $q$ Mauris ac felis vel velit tristique imperdiet Lorem ipsum
dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit.  Donec hendrerit tempor

\end{document}

* put point in the "body paragraph"

* do M-q

 (or M-x fill-paragraph )

* The buffer now contains

\documentclass{article}

\begin{document}

Foo bar $q$
Mauris ac felis vel velit tristique imperdiet Lorem ipsum dolor sit
amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit.  Donec hendrerit tempor

\end{document}

Remarks:

* my emacs-version ===> 25.50.21

* This didn't happen to me with AucTeX 11.8.8 (and still doesn't, on a
  machine where I didn't do yet the elpa update).

* If I just visit a buffer in TeX/P mode instead of LaTeX/P mode, the
  filling oddity doesn't happen.

* there is no problem with single lines. e.g.

doing M-q on the "body paragraph" of

\begin{document}

\documentclass{article}

Foo bar $q$ Mauris ac

\end{document}

doesn't do anything odd.

Best,
gm

--
   + + +   George McNinch <gmcninch(at)gmail.com>
   + + +   http://gmcninch.math.tufts.edu