Re: [AUCTeX] TeX-latex-mode and override advice

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] TeX-latex-mode and override advice
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 21:54:34 +0200

Mandar Mitra <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Mandar,

> 1. When freshly opened, C-h m in a latex file says:
>
>    Fundamental mode:
>    :override advice: `TeX-latex-mode'
>
> 2. After M-x TeX-source-correlate-mode (and some similar commands),
>    C-h m says:
>
>    LaTeX mode:
>    :override advice: `TeX-latex-mode'
>
> 3. I forget the exact sequence, but I even managed to get:
>
>    /PS mode:
>    :override advice: `TeX-latex-mode'

All three look wrong.  What I get is

LaTeX/PS mode defined in ‘tex-mode.el’:
:override advice: ‘TeX-latex-mode’

which means that AUCTeX's `TeX-latex-mode' is active with `TeX-PDF-mode'
(the P) and `TeX-source-correlate-mode' (the S).  Especially I'm missing
the "defined in ..." part.  What does `C-h f TeX-latex-mode' show for
you?

> Auto-indentation, fill-paragraph are also broken.  I'm sure these
> changes are recent, but the only changes that I can remember doing
> recently are updating a number of packages, and updating auctex to the
> current git version.  I'm not sure what broke my setup.  I should be
> grateful for any suggestions about where to look.

How do you use the git version, e.g., do you "make install" or just run
it from the checkout directory?  And how do you load it in your init
file?

Bye,
Tassilo