Re: [AUCTeX] "No connection to bus" message in Cygwin Emacs

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] "No connection to bus" message in Cygwin Emacs
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2015 13:35:07 +0200

Sebastien Vauban <address@hidden> writes:

>>> This does not seem to be the preferred explanation, right?
>>
>> Well, it seems that a command executed with /bin/sh -c in cygwin isn't
>> run from the current working directory.  What does
>>
>>   $ /bin/sh -c pwd
>>
>> executed in the directory containing you tex master file return?
>
> Though, I can't interpret the following result with the problem at hand.
>
>> /bin/sh -c pwd
> /cygdrive/d/Users/sva/Personal/Lettres
>> /bin/sh -c "pwd"
> /cygdrive/d/Users/sva/Personal/Lettres
>
> I mean, here, it works...  So, any other good idea?

Well then I suspect that indeed the Windows TeX installation is the
culprit.  Probably it sees that the CWD is /cygdrive/... which is no
valid windows path name and then just runs from its installation
directory or somewhere else.

But when you TeX only with auctex on cygwin, why not install the cygwin
texlive packages (or use the texlive installer from cygwin)?  I'm pretty
sure it'll work then.

Bye,
Tassilo