[AUCTeX] .emacs (or is it _emacs) for AucTeX on Windows

From: David Cook
Subject: [AUCTeX] .emacs (or is it _emacs) for AucTeX on Windows
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2015 15:01:29 +0000

Hello,

I have been using AucTeX with emacs for many (20?) years with Fedora Linux
and had absolutely no trouble - it is en axcellent system.

However, circumstances have recently forced me to use Windows 7 for some of my work (don't ask!). I have found a huge number of ways to install AucTeX, in particular
how to get emacs to recognise, load and use AucTeX via the conguration file (.emacs
or perhaps _emacs?).

I have put the auctex directory into the directory c:/emacs/site-lisp
in compliance with where it sits in Fedora (i.e, in emacs/24.4) and copied
my .emacs from Fedora to C:/_emacsĀ  but nothing happens!
I know this sounds stupid but I am getting too old to risk my blood pressure with much more effort on this.

Regards,

Dave

(Dr. David B Cook)