Re: [AUCTeX] just wondering ...

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] just wondering ...
Date: Sat, 01 Nov 2014 10:28:42 +0100

"Dr. Ing. Dieter Jurzitza" <address@hidden> writes:

> Dear listmembers,
> quite a while ago - surely some years - a nice guy contributed a patch in
> oder
> to have drag-and-drop support for graphics - files in auctex.
>
> The functionality is quite simple, moving a - say myfig.jpg - file over the
> editor-window and dropping it enters lines like
>
> \includegraphics[scale=1.0,angle=0]{myfig.jpg}
>
> into the document.
>
> It consists just of a handful of lines that have to go into tex.el, I am just
> wondering why this patch has not been accepted for auctex 11.88 ... because
> it
> is very convenient to use in combination with i.E. dolphin. Maybe it was just
> overlooked.
>
> Again, I am simply using this patch, I am not the author - but I like it :-).

Well, you didn't include the patch, but that's not relevant.  AUCTeX can
only accept contributions that have their copyright assigned to the FSF,
and the only person who can make the decision what or what not
constitutes a contribution is its copyright holder.  Even if somebody
made a copyright assignment for AUCTeX, that does not mean that anybody
can grab any code of his and declare it contributed to AUCTeX.  He has
to submit it himself.

--
David Kastrup