Re: [AUCTeX] AUCTEX with multiple modes

From: Ivan Andrus
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] AUCTEX with multiple modes
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2014 10:25:57 -0600

I recently added mmm-mode support (written by Dan Drake [1]) to sage-mode:

;;; provide MMM (multiple major mode) support
(eval-after-load 'mmm-auto
 '(progn
    (mmm-add-classes
     '((sagetex
:submode sage-mode
:delimiter-mode nil
:front "\\\\begin{sage\\(block\\|silent\\|verbatim\\|example\\|commandline\\)}"
:back "\\\\end{sage~1}"
:save-matches 1)))
    (mmm-add-mode-ext-class nil "\\.tex\\'" 'sagetex)
    (unless mmm-global-mode
      (message "Multiple modes not enabled, please customize `mmm-global-mode' to enable."))))

It seems to work fairly well, and it was pretty easy to setup.

-Ivan

[1] https://bitbucket.org/gvol/sage-mode/commits/ff0feeb2daf60ac0eac31ee7a65e046037129120?at=default