Re: [AUCTeX] emaxima environments ($, language-specific indentation)

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] emaxima environments ($, language-specific indentation)
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 13:41:14 +0100

Tamas Papp <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Tamas,

> I have now managed to fix the indentation,

Could you please share what you've done so that others can benefit from
it?

> but dealing with the $ still eludes me.

I tried your recipe and got the same problem.  What works however is
setting `LaTeX-verbatim-environments-local' as a file variable.  For
example, this simple doc is highlighted correctly for me.

\documentclass{article}
\begin{document}
\begin{maxima}
  aa$
  Look ma, all those $$ work!
\end{maxima}
\end{document}

%%% Local Variables:
%%% mode: latex
%%% TeX-master: t
%%% LaTeX-verbatim-environments-local: ("maxima" "maxima*")
%%% font-lock-set-defaults: nil
%%% eval: (font-latex-set-syntactic-keywords)
%%% End:

I guess the reason is that the value is already needed when initializing
font-lock.  And the setting of `font-lock-set-defaults' and calling
`font-latex-set-syntactic-keywords' is also important.

Bye,
Tassilo