Re: [AUCTeX] emaxima environments ($, language-specific indentation)

From: Tamas Papp
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] emaxima environments ($, language-specific indentation)
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 12:06:00 +0100

On Fri, Mar 07 2014, Tassilo Horn <address@hidden> wrote:

> Tamas Papp <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> 1. in Maxima code can be terminated with $ instead of ;, in which case
>> the result is not displayed in the output. This confuses AUCTeX (code
>> highlighting etc), because it thinks math mode has been started.
> So probably you can work your way by having maxima in
>
> `LaTeX-verbatim-environments-local' with a custom indentation function
> in `LaTeX-indent-environment-list'.

Hi Tassilo,

I have now managed to fix the indentation, but dealing with the $ still
eludes me.

I run

  (loop for env in '("maxima" "maxima*")
        do (cl-pushnew env LaTeX-verbatim-environments-local))

with a hook at the start of the mode.

Running M-: (LaTeX-verbatim-environments) gives

("verbatim" "verbatim*" "maxima*" "maxima")

so it should be working. But it does not, see the attached
screenshot. Also, (LaTeX-verbatim-p) returns ("maxima") when inside the
environment.

Is this is a bug in AUCTeX? Could somebody replicate this before I
report it? The LaTeX file is attached.

I am using AUCTeX 11.87.3 from ELPA. Should I try the version in the git
repo?

Best,

Tamas

\documentclass[a4paper,12pt]{article}