[AUCTeX] no preview of stretched vertical space \vspa ce*{\fill}‏

From: Mirko M .
Subject: [AUCTeX] no preview of stretched vertical space \vspa ce*{\fill}‏
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2014 23:36:08 +0000 (UTC)

Hello,

I'm trying to get the preview of a stretched vertical space \vspace*{\fill}
inside emacs with no luck.

\vspace*{\fill} is simply ignored, instead a fixed dimension like
\vspace*{3in} works.

Adding the string xetec to the variable preview-required-option-list
produces a full size preview of the page, but the stretched space is still
ignored:

     \documentclass[]{article}
     \usepackage[paperwidth=5.2in, paperheight=7.5in]{geometry}
     \begin{document}
     \begin{quote}
     This line is at the top.
     \null\vspace*{\fill}\\
     This line is at the bottom.
     \end{quote}
     \end{document}

If I compile the document without the preview package (outside emacs) with
latex the stretched space is not ignored.

Any advice, please?