Re: [AUCTeX] own macro coloring?

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] own macro coloring?
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 18:29:19 +0200

On Thu, Jul 18 2013, address@hidden wrote:
>> The customization group the OP will want to look at is probably
>> font-latex, of which font-latex-keywords is a subgroup.
>
> I certainly don't disagree that he should read those.  I just pointed him to
> what
> I had changed in my setup to solve the same problem.

Which was good info. :-) But since he mentioned he had more macros like
that, I thought these were good pointers too.

>> Another option the OP may want to look at is TeX-fold-macro-spec-list.
>> You can do all sorts of fancy stuff with that if you know a little
>> Elisp, like displaying the argument of \textsc in all caps at 0.8 of the
>> normal font size, stuff like that. :-)
>
> That's cool.  But only when folded, right?

True. I sometimes forget that font-lock and folding are two different
things...

Font-lock, folding and preview-latex are on by default in my LaTeX files
and together with variable-pitch-mode give an almost WYSIWYG effect.
AUCTeX is a truly amazing piece of software. :-)

--
Joost Kremers
Life has its moments