Re: [AUCTeX] emacs24 from debian unstable

From: Andreas Leha
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] emacs24 from debian unstable
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 23:12:56 +0200

Hi Tassilo and Michael,

thanks for digging into this.

[...]

>> Whether Emacs has been compiled with D-Bus support, could be checked by
>> (featurep 'dbusbind). So you could write
>>
>>   (and (featurep 'dbusbind)
>>        (require 'dbus nil :no-error)
>>        (dbus-ignore-errors (dbus-get-unique-name :session)))
>>
>> `dbus-get-unique-name' is to be preferred over the check of
>> $DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS, because there might be other mechanism
>> accessing the D-Bus session bus.
>>
>> The code above shall be backward compatible to Emacs 23 (untested).
>
> Great, I've changed that in AUCTeX right now.  Andreas, if you want, you
> can try the git version of AUCTeX.  Or you try getting an emacs version
> that's compiled with DBUS support.

Thanks for all the information and the fast fix!

<sidenote>
I've tried several times already to keep the number of pieces of
software, that I have to care for myself, at a low level.  But somehow,
this number always increases again.  If there is a packaged version, I
really prefer to use that one as I spend too much time on maintenance of
my software environment already.
</sidenote>

I just built an auctex debian package from the auctex git and can
confirm, that my problem is gone!

Thanks again!

[...]

Regards,