Re: [AUCTeX] LaTeX-equation-label with file-dependent prefix

From: Shan
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] LaTeX-equation-label with file-dependent prefix
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2013 13:38:21 -0500

Hi Tassilo,

Appreciate! Thanks for your help!

On Fri, Jun 7, 2013 at 1:02 PM, Tassilo Horn <address@hidden> wrote:
Shan <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Shan,

> I did compile from the git source. It seems that the problem is from
> another local variable: TeX-master. In my case, without the master
> file, the label did change as expected. Otherwise, auctex won't give a
> prefix. It simply ask user input without any suggestion.

Hm, I'll have to look into that when I find some time.

> In addition to that, is it possible for auctex (reftex) to suggest an
> equation number as the old simple equation label? In other words, the
> auctex will suggest test:eq:1 instead of test:eq: in the test.tex
> file.

`reftex-label' does that, but `LaTeX-label' does not (cause it doesn't
parse the labels and thus know free names).  I'm going to refactor both
so that `reftex-label' will use the AUCTeX functionality for generating
label names if that's provided.

But don't hold your breath.

Bye,
Tassilo